I am pleased that you are considering Baptist Christian School for your child. I am confident that BCS will provide an environment where your child will grow academically as well as spiritually.
All of the required enrollment forms can be found right here on our website. Specific steps in the enrollment process are listed below.
Before you submit your enrollment paperwork, I would like for you to read the BCS Handbook for Parents and Students. This book will familiarize you with many of the policies, procedures and expectations for both parents and students. Most importantly, please be sure to pay close attention to the first six pages of the book which to some may seem insignificant.
Baptist Christian School unashamedly believes, teaches and practices a literal interpretation of the Word of God. We do understand and respect those who may have differences in the “minor” areas of certain doctrines (e.g. church government, style of worship, etc.) and I am confident that your student will not feel confused as we do not overemphasize the minor issues.
However, if you are not in agreement with our literal beliefs of the Word of God as outlined in those first few pages of the Handbook for Parents and Students, it can and probably will cause a student to be confused. For example, if a question regarding biblical lifestyles is addressed in chapel or your child’s classroom, the teacher will answer from a biblical viewpoint, giving an answer which may be disturbing to your child if your lifestyle choices, etc. are not in agreement with our doctrinal stance. This will likely create conflict in your child’s heart and mind. It could drive a wedge between you and your child, force your child to negatively judge you as a parent, or force your child to choose between our teaching and what he or she learns at home. We respect your desire to place your child in the best possible learning environment, but if you are not in full agreement with our doctrinal position, it will be best for all concerned if you do not enroll your child at Baptist Christian School.
If you are in agreement with the literal teachings of God’s Word, Baptist Christian School will compliment the beliefs, ideals, lifestyle, etc. that you have instilled within your child. We integrate biblical principles in all subjects taught at BCS as all truth is God’s truth. You will be pleased with the quality of our staff because they are committed to high academics and they go beyond imparting knowledge to teaching students to apply truth in such a manner as to bring about wisdom.
The mission of Baptist Christian School is to passionately pursue Christ by providing families with a Christ-centered education. Because of this, BCS has adopted an admission policy which makes the school open to families who are like-minded spiritually, who are supportive of the philosophy, objectives, and standards of the school, and whose children meet enrollment standards. Our purpose is to serve families who desire a “Christian school education” for their children, not simply a “private school education.” Baptist Christian School makes no distinction in its admission policy on the basis of race, color, or national and ethnic origin.
Guidelines which are used by the administration in evaluating a student’s application for admission are listed on page seven of the Handbook for Parents and Students. Specific steps in the application process are as follows:
Enrollment Procedures – (the administration reserves the right to deny admission at any point in the admission process):
Read the Handbook for Parents and Students carefully.
Submit necessary paperwork.
- Application Fee
- Physician signed immunization and TB records (due prior to the first day of school)
- Copy of official birth certificate (due prior to the first day of school)
- Health exam (due prior to the first day of school for grades K-3)
- Release of School Records form (grades 1-12)
- Elementary Student Evaluation form (grades 2-6)
- Secondary Student Questionnaire (to be completed by all students entering grades 7-12)
- Three Secondary Student Evaluation forms - Filled out by (1) a teacher, (2) a pastor, and (3) an unrelated adult family friend (grades 7-12)
- Copies of the most recent report cards (semester grades are required)
- Copies of the most recent achievement test scores
- If testing is required, you will be notified of the testing date and time. The testing fee is required at time of testing for grades 1-12. There is no charge for “Kindergarten Readiness” testing.
- An appointment will be scheduled for all families who are new to BCS. Parents and the prospective student are required to attend the interview.
Make financial arrangements
- Registration fee is due at the time the student is accepted.
- Pay tuition in full or sign up for monthly tuition payments.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the school office. I trust that we can work with you for many years as we educate your child in God’s truth.
Baptist Christian School Administrator
First Baptist Church Associate Pastor
Fact Signup Form
Can't see this document? Click Me
Tuition and Fees
Can't see this document? Click Me